The OCS HR Self-Service solution connects employees directly to the HR-system – anywhere and anytime, given proper access rights. This improves data quality, leads to fewer phone calls to the office and increases employee satisfaction.
The self-service modules are designed to give easy access to the OCS HR data from PCs, tablets, and smartphones. Installation is not necessary for end-users and the application is self-explanatory, i.e. no user training is required. Through the self-service modules, employees can manage their own personal data, timesheets, travel expenses, certificates, courses, and qualifications.
Improving Quality and Reducing Workload
By registering and updating data closer to the source, the quality of the data is improved. The system allows for electronic approval of timesheets and travel expense reports, which reduces paperwork and provides better overview and quality. Due to self-ownership of personal information, inquiries from managers and employees to the HR department decrease.
Supervisors can use the interface to undertake administrative tasks such as evaluating their employees, monitoring the crewing situation and competence compliance of their vessel, and managing familiarisation programmes. The Self-Service system can be accessed on every computer with internet access, as well as from smartphones and tablets.
OCS Self-Service meets employees’ demands for access to their own personal data, while increasing the quality and efficiency of the HR processes.
- Tailor-made homepage with news flashes, pending tasks, required training etc.
- Employee history, including previous employers and positions
- Leave of absence, sickness, holiday
- Paychecks for all previous periods
- Individual access for updating selected personal data
- Historic and future activities; rotations, sailing/offshore periods, leave, courses, etc.
- Request and workflows for holidays, leave of absence and changes to work related activities, etc.
Dedicated Module for Managers
- Access to all personnel data, including training and certificates
- Staffing of projects and operations based on availability and competence
- Approval of working hours and overtime
- Follow up on sick leave
- Verification of training, evaluations and assessments
- Android and iPhone App for easy registration and transfer of all receipts end expenses
- Updated with regulations given by company or authorities
- Calculation of taxable benefit
- Currency handling
- Import of credit card transactions directly into the travel expenses report
- Export of travel data to accounting and payroll
- Pre-populated timesheets — based on recorded activities during period.
- Registration of working hours according to each employee’s contract
- Direct connection to payroll system
- Advanced approval procedures
Competence and Training
- Complete records of skills, experience, certificates and training.
- Possibility to apply for courses, start e-Learning modules, read up on guiding documentation, etc.
- Succession planning, administration of appraisals, assessments and evaluations