Mintra has an exciting opportunity for a talented and dynamic software developer to join our .Net development team in Bergen, to help develop and maintain our market leading OCS HR Crewing system.
About the job:
The .Net Development Team forms part of a global network of software development teams responsible for developing and supporting Mintra Group software solutions. Working closely with product managers, technical and consultancy teams you will be responsible for the successful development and support of our systems and software.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications
- Write high quality code to complete applications within deadlines
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch
- Perform peer code reviews
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
- Provide 2nd and 3rd Line support
We`d like you to have:
- Minimum 2 years C# coding experience
- Experience with one or more of the following: RESTful API, AngularJS, React, TypeScript
- Experience with Oracle databases will be an advantage
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Entity Framework) Familiarity with AWS or other cloud computing services
We can’t live without:
- Minimum 3 years college education in IT / Technology (bachelor’s degree)
- Fluent English
- ‘Whatever it takes’ attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to complete the job
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- A highly organised and structured approach to work
We want you to share our values:
- People are our business and the core of everything we do. You must be able to grow the talent within our business, nurture a friendly, engaging and rewarding culture and deliver an exceptional level of service to our customers.
- We explore and encourage you to demonstrate and reward creativity in your team. You will utilise the latest techniques and technologies, be inquisitive and take up the challenge.
- Open and collaborative, you should be helpful, respectful and flexible. We expect you to communicate consistently and effectively, sharing knowledge and your experience with the wider team.
- Drive performance, commercially aware and with entrepreneurial spirit. You lead by example, going above and beyond expectations and delivering real value.
- Deliver with pride and expect excellence in everything we do. You must be able to present solutions, on time and within budget and to a consistently high standard. We expect you to offer honest and constructive feedback and take pride in your craft, never settling for ‘good enough’.
What we will do for you:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including….
- collective pension savings
- collective insurance
- mobile phone and subscription
- subsidised lunch
We are a leading provider of on-demand digital learning and enterprise HCM software solutions for safety-critical industries worldwide. We develop and deploy solutions that enable our customers to develop and deploy their people, readily demonstrate compliance and maximise operational efficiency.
Mintra was formed in Oslo Norway in 1997 to provide “Multimedia INteractive TRAining” to the Oil and Gas industry. We have over 110 staff across our offices in Bergen, Oslo and Stavanger in Norway, Dubai, Singapore and Aberdeen in the UK.
OCS HR is Mintra’s Crew Management software, which supports the operation of more than 170,000 maritime workers and 1,800 vessels worldwide, ranging from oil and gas tankers to passenger ferries and drilling rigs.
Trainingportal, our online/offline learning and competency management system, hosts our eLearning portfolio of 1,400 courses and services the needs of over 1.4million users and 3,600 companies worldwide. Every 60 seconds a course in accessed on Trainingportal.
If you are interested in joining the Mintra team, please email your CV to email@example.com
Any questions about the position can be directed to our HR Advisor firstname.lastname@example.org