Mintra has an exciting opportunity for a talented and dynamic Technical consultant to join our Consulting Services team in Bergen, to help develop and deploy our market leading OCS HR Crewing system.
About the job:
As a Technical Consultant in the Mintra Technical Team, you will support our project teams and our clients to achieve successful launch of our OCS products. Your main role is to drive implementations, upgrades and environment transitions and application customizations, leveraging existing APIs and creating custom API as required. You will also be working with data migrations between external systems and OCS in addition to custom SQL interfaces. With a full-stack development skillset and strong SQL skills, you will also be able to help us develop internal and external custom applications and solutions to support our clients.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Customer onboarding, implementations, upgrades and migrations
- Design, develop, test and deploy database + applications customisations;
- Perform data migrations
- Develop custom SQL interfaces, including analysis, development, testing, and specification writing
- Provide Database Analysis and Support to dedicated Implementation Consultants and clients
- Troubleshoot programs and analyse databases to resolve client issues
- Review technical requirements to assess and provide estimates to be used in Statements of Work
- Commissioning and installing new applications – installing and testing new versions of the DBMS collaborating with IT project managers, database engineers and application programmers.
- Oracle planning resources, database upgrades, backup and recovery strategy, implementations, and environment transitions (development, test, stage, and production)
We`d like you to have:
- Extensive experience in Oracle Database Administration with Oracle products, tools and utilities such as Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Data Pump Export/Import, and AWR;
- Proficiency in implementing and maintaining database environments, i.e. Structure changes, roles, permissions, privileges, security
- Experience in Shell Scripting and coding PL/SQL
- Experience of working with .Net and powerbuilder
- Degree or equivalent in IT/Technology
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- A can-do attitude
- Excellent Communications skills
- Problem-solving skills
- A highly organised and structured approach to work
We want you to share our values:
- People are our business and the core of everything we do. You must be able to grow the talent within our business, nurture a friendly, engaging and rewarding culture and deliver an exceptional level of service to our customers.
- We explore and encourage you to demonstrate and reward creativity in your team. You will utilise the latest techniques and technologies, be inquisitive and take up the challenge.
- Open and collaborative, you should be helpful, respectful and flexible. We expect you to communicate consistently and effectively, sharing knowledge and your experience with the wider team.
- Drive performance, commercially aware and with entrepreneurial spirit. You lead by example, going above and beyond expectations and delivering real value.
- Deliver with pride and expect excellence in everything we do. You must be able to present solutions, on time and within budget and to a consistently high standard. We expect you to offer honest and constructive feedback and take pride in your craft, never settling for ‘good enough’.
What we will do for you:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including….
- collective pension savings
- collective insurance
- mobile phone and subscription
- subsidised lunch
We are a leading provider of on-demand digital learning and enterprise HCM software solutions for safety-critical industries worldwide. We develop and deploy solutions that enable our customers to develop and deploy their people, readily demonstrate compliance and maximise operational efficiency
Mintra was formed in Oslo Norway in 1997 to provide “Multimedia INteractive TRAining” to the Oil and Gas industry. We have over 110 staff across our offices in Bergen, Oslo and Stavanger in Norway, Dubai, Singapore and Aberdeen in the UK.
OCS HR is Mintra’s Crew Management software, which supports the operation of more than 170,000 maritime workers and 1,800 vessels worldwide, ranging from oil and gas tankers to passenger ferries and drilling rigs.
Trainingportal, our online/offline learning and competency management system, hosts our eLearning portfolio of 1,400 courses and services the needs of over 1.4million users and 3,600 companies worldwide. Every 60 seconds a course in accessed on Trainingportal.
If you are interested in joining the Mintra team, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions about the position can be directed to our HR Advisor email@example.com