Our Aberdeen office is looking for an Accounts Assistant to join the Finance team on a 12-month fixed term contract.
Description of Role
Key task delivery including the provision of effective support to the Finance Manager & HR/Commercial Team.
Key Result Areas
- Processing of the Accounts Payable function, including supplier statement reconciliation, liaising with vendors on invoice queries, posting supplier invoices and credits
- Processing of the Accounts Receivable function, ensuring all invoicing should be done on a daily basis. Ensure that all paperwork in place for invoicing purposes.
- Responsible for credit control and chasing down of customer invoices in accordance with payment terms.
- Responsible for supplier payment runs via online banking system
- Processing of staff expense and credit card records, in a paper free environment
- Preparation of monthly payroll processing items to the HR Manager.
- Preparing and uploading journals
- Bank, balance sheet and revenue reconciliations
- Assist in compliance and statutory reporting for year end audit and tax compliance
- Admin related finance tasks such as scanning as and when required
- Ad hoc support to Finance Manager and CFO as required
- Carrying out any other reasonable duty as directed by a senior official of the Company
- Excellent Excel skills essential ie, advanced functions (VLOOKUP etc)
- Basic accounting knowledge essential
- Experience with accounting systems beneficial, particularly Sage (training provided)
- Excellent communicator, both written and spoken
- Must show initiative, ability to self-manage and be flexible to take on any other task that the business requires
Competence and skills requirements
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to deal with customers/suppliers in an efficient and friendly manner
- Action orientated – Experienced (takes immediate action when confronted with a problem or when made aware of a situation. Makes positive suggestions about different work methods within own area)
- Customer Focus – Experienced (Actively seeks information to understand customers’ circumstances, issues, expectations and needs)
- Innovation – Experienced (Appreciates that every problem may have an alternative solutions and looks for opportunities to do things better)
- Listening – Experienced (shows active listening, asks questions to establish understanding and acts appropriately)
- Manage Work – Advanced (Ensures all work is completed on time by using organisational and time management skills. Prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with work completion)
- Team Player – Experienced (Actively works within a team and provides input to accomplish team goals)
- Versatility – Experienced (Responds to requests with flexibility, enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Accepts new ideas, technology and circumstances)
For more information or to apply for this job please send a CV and cover letter to HumanResources@mintragroup.com